Friday, October 19, 2012

How Bad Do You Want It?

This is probably the most inspirational thing I’ve heard since I’ve begun training 3 years ago:




 
He brings up a good point-how bad do you want it? Do you want it more then you want to party? Then you want to SLEEP?

Both of those ideas hit home for me since in boxing you have to follow a strict diet and sleep regimen, you use up so much of your energy. The weekends are the hardest, sometimes when you get overwhelmed by the work/training  schedule that you just want to relax and have a drink. I wonder at what point is it beneficial to force yourself to do/not do  things and at what point are you starving yourself?

I’ve always admired people who have passion for things- in high school I had a friend who was a drummer. He was, hands down, the best drummer in our town.  He was more passionate about drumming then anyone I’d ever seen about anything.  He played every day, all day, he’d rather stay home and play then do anything else. I was a drummer too, but I saw practice more as a chore then a fun thing to do(I was also never very good).   Well he grew up and studied at Berkley and expanded his musical knowledge and is now a composer and one of the most at-peace people I know.  I always wished I had that same drive about something.

I didn't discover my passion for boxing until a few years ago, Ive always loved fighting but hated working out, but boxing training is different- you feel yourself becoming STRONG, you see the ring and your progress towards it.
I get into these kicks were all I do is train, work, watch youtube videos of fights and focus on nutrition, but life seems to get in the way sometimes.

 I believe this journey towards minimalism will help me maintain focus, there seems to be no end to the ways I can simplify my life and make space for more boxing.  
 
Also, I am working on being able to do weighed push ups like the football player in the video lol- that mans a BEAST.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment