Wednesday, May 2, 2012

In the Big Inning there was BASEBALL....

I have decided to start blogging about my approach towards adopting minimalism and simplicty and how it is intertwined with the single minded dedication it takes to become a boxer.

I have become dispirited reading about people that have been able quit working and move to the country and sell their cars and are so happy and free they could spit.  It’s easy to say “You don’t NEED your job.” when you are not living paycheck to paycheck and don’t have aging parents dependent on your financial success for their retirement.

I love reading all the interesting blog entries about people’s transformations from clutter to zen in their lives and houses but i am not as free as many people who have thier own space. Right now I live with 3 people in a rented house, 2 of them are hippies that are not willing to part with a single piece of their collected clutter and seem to always have some kind of drama or disconetentment going on in their lives that somehow ends up being blamed on me.  I have minimalized my possesions or at least started to….but the clutter is still a very real issue in my house and I am not at liberty to de-clutter it all.  I have found inspiration in the oddest places though and I would like to share that inspiration with anyone willing to take time and read my blog.

So this is my little blog where I will attempt to provide my mini input. Maybe no one will read this and it will be my own private sounding board and that’s ok with me…what’s more minimalist then speaking when no one will hear?

“The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.” - Hans Hofmann


No comments:

Post a Comment